HISTORY 305 [ROOT] THE ROOTS OF CONTEMPORARY ISSUES
JUNE 26 – JULY 28, 2017
Get a jump start on fall by taking HIST 305 course online this summer!
HISTORY 305 [ROOT] The Roots of Contemporary Issues, 3 credits: This class fulfills a university requirement for graduation from Washington State University. It provides historical background and multiple perspectives on globally relevant issues, from the environment to globalization, race and religion, and conflict.
This unique opportunity, just for transfer students, is taught online through WSU Global Campus. Earn the required credits that you may need prior to coming to Pullman for the fall term!
- 3 credits in 5 weeks
- fulfill a graduation requirement
- create momentum before fall classes begin
- build academic schedule flexibility
Additional benefits: This course also offers…
1) a virtual orientation to the Pullman campus and community, and
2) an in-person meet-and-greet with your fellow online History 305 students once you arrive this fall.
DO YOU NEED ROOTS?
The UCORE [ROOT] History 305, as well as courses that meet the UCORE [DIVR] Diversity requirement, are the most common requirements needed many transfer students. Over half of students who transfer to WSU HIST 305. Do you?
- If you are transferring in with an AA-DTA (direct transfer agreement) degree, or an approved degree from out-of-state, you may have already fulfilled the [ROOT] requirement. Additional information about transfer degrees can be found here: https://transfercredit.wsu.edu/transferring-a-degree/).
- If you are transferring in with an AS, AS-T, or AAS degree, then chances are good that you will need this ROOTS class.
- If you are transferring in with college credits but no degree, then chances are good that you will need this ROOTS class.
Please consult with your academic advisor before enrolling in this or any class.
ADVANTAGES OF SUMMER SESSION
- Earlier access to advising and classes
- Evening events and activities
- New friends and acquaintances
- Access to tutoring and other great on-campus resources
- Great weather and tons of outdoor activities close at hand
HIST 305 is a 3 credit class. However, a minimum of 6 credits are required for financial aid. If you plan on taking one or more courses in addition to HIST 305, you may qualify for financial aid. You will need to have the current academic year’s (2016-17) FAFSA on file with WSU. Visit the WSU Financial Aid for Summer Session website for more information.
Contact your academic advisor or the Summer Session office for more information!
Summer Session 2017
Maymester May 8 – June 2
Early 6-week May 8 – June 16
12-week May 8 – July 28
8-week June 5 – July 28
Late 6-week June 19 – July 28
Carson College of Business
Early 7-week May 8 – June 25
Late 7-week June 26 – August 13
July 29 – August 20
Registration began on March 6, 2017 and is open through the beginning of each session.
There are no summer advising holds, but be sure to discuss your summer enrollment plans with your advisor.