Summer Session —
Frequently Asked Questions

Summer Session 2024 Info

There are no summer advising holds, but be sure to discuss your summer enrollment plans with your advisor.

2024 Sessions

Early 6-week  |
Early 7-week  |
12-week/Reg.  |
Late 6-week  |
Late 7-week  |
Intersession  |

May 6–June 16
May 6–June 23
May 6–July 26
June 17-July 26
June 24-Aug 11
July 27-Aug 18

2024 Registration Dates

Seniors/Post-bacc’s  |
Juniors  |
Sophomores  |
Freshmen/Non-Degree  |

March 4
March 5
March 6
March 7

A male-presenting student seated on a log with a laptop on his lap with low rolling forested hills in the distance.

You have questions, we have answers

Why would I want to take courses in the summer?

Taking classes during the summer is a great way to get on the fast track to finishing your degree early. It’s also a great way to catch up and get back on track if you weren’t able to take a full course load this year.

What are the advantages of taking courses during the summer?

It’s a great opportunity to…

• Focus on a difficult class
  • Lighten your fall semester course load
  • Enjoy smaller class sizes and more one-on-one attention
  • Start working on a certificate or a minor
  • Benefit from free tutoring services
  • Benefit from In-state tuition rates, regardless of your state of residency
  • Enjoy shorter sessions
  • Have your summer while still working toward your degree

Do the courses last all summer?

Many courses are only 6 or 7 weeks long, giving you the flexibility to plan your class schedule around your other summer commitments. And as always, Global Campus courses are online and asynchronous, meaning that there are no set meeting times, making it easier to work around your schedule.

What if the course I want is not offered on my campus?

During Summer Session, currently enrolled WSU students can take classes from any WSU campus. They can even attend multiple campuses if they choose…for example, one class from Pullman campus and one from Global Campus. There is no need to fill out a change of campus form.

Can I take classes online during the summer?

Yes. During Summer Session, currently enrolled students from any WSU campus can take online classes from WSU Global Campus. Hundreds of online courses are offered through Global Campus.

How do I search for Summer Session courses?

Two ways…

• In the Schedule of Classes, you can see course availability quickly and easily.
  • In myWSU, you can search by session, start/end dates, course number, or a designator like [ROOT]. For tips on searching, visit How to Register on the Summer Session website.

Is financial aid available?

Yes. Pell and other grants, loans, and work-study will be available during Summer Session to eligible students. In many cases, students can utilize remaining federal financial aid that they qualified for during the academic year and did not accept or use at the time. For more information, contact or visit Student Financial Services:

Is tutoring available during summer?

Yes. Free tutoring is available during Summer Session.

When can I register for classes?

Please see the registration section of this website for more information about registration dates, how to register, holds, and cancellation.

Is housing available during summer session?

Many housing options are available to students in Pullman during the summer. For more information, visit Summer Housing.

Which courses have additional fees?

Visit schedules.wsu.edu and select the “course fees” link in the navigation menu. Choose the subject area and click the “Report” button. The courses that have fees will be listed. Hover your mouse pointer over the dollar sign ($) to see the amount of the fee.

You can also access fee information for a specific course in myWSU. After selecting the link for a course in myWSU, the Class Information pop-up window will appear with several tabs to review. Any fees will be listed in the Enrollment Information tab.

If I drop a course, will it be on my transcript?

If you drop before the drop deadline it is called a “drop without penalty,” which means there will be no record of this course on your transcript.

If you drop after the drop deadline it is called a “drop with penalty” and a record of the withdrawal will appear on your transcript.

There are different drop deadlines for each session during the summer. Visit the Dates and Deadlines page for details.

I am trying to drop my class, but when I hit “finish” I receive an error that dropping this course will put me below the minimum enrollment requirement. What does that mean and how do I drop this class?

Students are not able to drop their last remaining course in any term via their myWSU account. In order to drop your last course, you must withdraw from the current term. To complete a Term Withdrawal request, visit the registrar’s Term Withdrawal web page. The withdrawal request must be submitted by the last day of class.

If I cancel my enrollment for the Summer, will that affect my Fall enrollment?

No, a summer Term Withdrawal is only effective for the current term. You will remain enrolled in your Fall courses.

Can I use my upcoming Fall financial aid to pay Summer tuition?

No, Summer Session financial aid is awarded separately and only summer aid can be used to pay for summer tuition. For more information regarding summer financial aid visit the Student Financial Services Summer Session web page.

For all other questions, please contact the Summer Session office.